This show is intended for gilts suited for show pig production. Gilts are not required to be registered within a breed association to participate in the Junior Crossbred Gilt Show.
Changes for 2019
Scholarship Opportunity - The exhibitor of the Champion Crossbred Gilt may be awarded up to a $10,000 scholarship provided they are eligible.
Exhibitor Buybacks - Rule #26, Junior Crossbred Gilt Show & Sale Special Rules
Premium Arrival Pass - Optional pass designed to assist exhibitors who work with others to consolidate their animals into fewer trailers. Available for purchase through the online entry system via AST/CEA. For a complete list of rules and requirements regarding the Premium Arrival Pass, see the General Rules section of the 2019 Livestock Premium List (pg. 27).
Schedule of Events
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Show||February 7, 2019||8 AM||Morris Center Arena|
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Sale Preview||February 8, 2019||9 AM||Morris Center Arena|
|Junior Crossbred Gilt Sale||February 8, 2019||1 PM||Morris Center Arena|
*Crossbred Gilt Health Requirements- In addition to the health requirements outlined in the 2019 Premium List, Crossbred Gilt exhibitors must be mindful that gilts over 6 months of age will need negative Brucellosis and negative PRV within 30 days of the sale. This is to satisfy the change of ownership requirement in Texas. *This does not apply to purebred gilts.
Morris Activity Center - Click here to view map
- Potential Buyers may view the Crossbred Gilt Show via Walton Webcasting on Thursday, Feb. 7th
- Potential Buyers can contact the Lindner group at 830-377-0969 and 806-683-4874 for sale lot information
- Potential Buyers with trailers will need to drop them off at the Salado Creek Property - Livestock Trailer Parking Lot
- Potential Buyers without trailers will enter grounds at Lot 6 through Gate G
- Potential Buyers will need to register as a buyer at the registration table near the Morris Center Arena before the sale
- Buyers must be aware of the Sale Conditions outlined in the 2019 Livestock Premium List, Rule # 24 - Crossbred Gilt Show Rule
- Potential out-of-state buyers will need to be aware of any potential animal health requirements before the sale. This may include procuring a permit number from your respective State Authority. Please contact your local State Authority or the Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) with any questions
Show - Broadcast by Walton Webcasting. Click here to be directed to our online broadcasts.
Sale Preview - Broadcast via Facebook Live on the Competitive Events Facebook page